Store Manager Role Requirements
Our Store Managers are dedicated, flexible, and task-oriented. They have their focus on sales floor activities. Successful Store Managers are strong team leaders and are comfortable working both collaboratively and independently. Managers are expected to exercise “good judgment” when renting merchandise to customers to reduce the risk of product loss.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday, receiving one day off during this period
Store Manager Duties
A large portion of a Store Manager’s time is spent managing employees and interacting with customers in the store environment. A day in the life of a Store Manager varies, but regular activities include:
- Ensuring accurate store cash control;
- Maintaining accurate inventory control;
- Ensuring customer information is accurate and verified prior to releasing merchandise to customers for rental;
- Ensuring proper management of customer accounts in regard to renewal dates;
- Assisting with customer retention and collection efforts as needed;
- Working with account representatives to ensure healthy cycling of clients;
- Supervising and ensuring employee engagement through motivation;
- Ensuring proper scheduling of store employees to maximize performance and efficiency;
- Ensuring the store merchandise, displays, and electronics are rotated, clean, attractive, and organized;
- Ensuring all paperwork and reporting is in accordance with company procedures;
- Responding to emails and requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner;
- Ensuring all vehicles are in proper working condition through daily visual inspections;
- Hiring and training new employees as needed;
- Performing evaluations on all store employees;
- Safeguarding all confidential information of the company;
- Accomplishing other tasks that the Regional Manager, Human Resource Manager, Vice President, or President deems profitable for the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must comply with drug-free workplace program and pass post-offer mouth swab drug test;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that complies with organizational standards.
Benefits & Perks
Rent One is a diverse, family-oriented workplace where you’ll form relationships that last a lifetime. Our aim isn’t to manage you; motivating is more our style!