Rent One is committed to providing spectacular service, and Client Retention Specialists are an integral part of our account management team. We challenge our CRSs to set the bar when seeking out new ways to positively impact the lives of our customers every day. and help them get to ownership faster through regular interaction. Successful CRSs are goal-driven yet compassionate, dedicated, flexible, hardworking, and people-oriented.
- We offer a 60-day certification training program to help you succeed and earn more.
- We also offer regular opportunities for review and advancement.
Client Retention Specialists help our entire operation succeed — come grow with us at Rent One!
Client Retention Specialist Role Requirements
Client Retention Specialists are expected to maintain long-term relationships with our customers. Successful CRSs put their relationship skills to the test and regularly exercise their on-the-spot decision-making talents.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to handle conflict
- Works well under pressure and maintains composure and perspective in tense situations
- Strong problem-solving instincts
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday, receiving one day off during this period
Client Retention Specialist Duties
Client Retention Specialists are responsible for on-time payments of all assigned accounts. A large portion of their time is spent on the phone contacting clients; however, the CRS will also travel to customers’ homes to pick up payments or merchandise. A day in the life of a CRS varies, but regular activities include:
- Building positive and fruitful customer relationships;
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the client and the company;
- Setting up renewal dates to coincide with the client’s payday and their ability to pay;
- Managing past due accounts including contacting clients and working with them to get their accounts in good standing with a program they can afford and that help them get to ownership;
- Participating in servicing, delivery, and return of products to the client’s home;
- Upholding the preventive maintenance and cleanliness of Company vehicles;
- Updating contact information as needed for existing clients;
- Maintaining client files in an organized, complete manner and file appropriately;
- Assisting other coworkers in the store, such as during times of peak activity, absences, and planned time off, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must comply with drug-free workplace program and pass post-offer mouth swab drug test;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that complies with organizational standards.
Benefits & Perks
Rent One is a diverse, family-oriented workplace where you’ll form relationships that last a lifetime. Our aim isn’t to manage you; motivating is more our style!