Client Retention Specialist Role Requirements
Client Retention Specialists are expected to maintain long-term relationships with our customers. Successful CRSs put their relationship skills to the test and regularly exercise their on-the-spot decision-making talents.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to handle conflict
- Works well under pressure and maintains composure and perspective in tense situations
- Strong problem-solving instincts
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday, receiving one day off during this period
Client Retention Specialist Duties
Client Retention Specialists are responsible for on-time payments of all assigned accounts. A large portion of their time is spent on the phone contacting clients; however, the CRS will also travel to customers’ homes to pick up payments or merchandise. A day in the life of a CRS varies, but regular activities include:
- Building positive and fruitful customer relationships;
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the client and the company;
- Setting up renewal dates to coincide with the client’s payday and their ability to pay;
- Managing past due accounts including contacting clients and working with them to get their accounts in good standing with a program they can afford and that help them get to ownership;
- Participating in servicing, delivery, and return of products to the client’s home;
- Upholding the preventive maintenance and cleanliness of Company vehicles;
- Updating contact information as needed for existing clients;
- Maintaining client files in an organized, complete manner and file appropriately;
- Assisting other coworkers in the store, such as during times of peak activity, absences, and planned time off, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must comply with drug-free workplace program and pass post-offer mouth swab drug test;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that complies with organizational standards.
Benefits & Perks
Rent One is a diverse, family-oriented workplace where you’ll form relationships that last a lifetime. Our aim isn’t to manage you; motivating is more our style!