Delivery Technician Role Requirements
This role requires a love for people, negotiating skills, and advanced problem-solving instincts! Your moving skills, knowledge of local geography, and on-the-spot decision-making abilities will be exercised. Professionalism both in the quality of the installation work you perform and in the way you conduct yourself with customers is essential. The Delivery Technician job requires the ability to safely lift and move heavy furniture, appliances, etc. DTs must demonstrate responsible behavior when driving company vehicles and report any and all ticketed moving violations.
- Offload, install and demonstrate merchandise with customer
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Broad knowledge of tools
- Know, understand, and demonstrate the importance of proper lifting techniques, including wearing a properly tightened lifting belt when lifting items weighing more than 20 pounds
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday, receiving one day off during this period
Delivery Technician Duties
A day in the life of a Delivery Technician varies, but regular activities include:
- Safe, organized, efficient, and courteous delivery of merchandise to customers;
- Installing and testing operation of merchandise and making adjustments accordingly;
- Advising customers regarding use and care of merchandise;
- Completing a 3-part receipt for all merchandise and/or money collected and have the receipt signed by the customer before leaving their residence;
- Maintaining cleanliness of store, merchandise, and vehicles;
- Assisting with setting up and maintaining the showroom floor;
- Assisting with maintaining accurate account agreements, reporting, and paperwork;
- Assisting our Store Managers in daily activities as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that complies with organizational standards;
- Must have the physical attributes necessary to move merchandise to and from customer’s homes.
Benefits & Perks
Rent One is a diverse, family-oriented workplace where you’ll form relationships that last a lifetime. Our aim isn’t to manage you; motivating is more our style!