Rent One is committed to providing spectacular service. We challenge our Assistant Managers to put their sales abilities to the test and seek out ways to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees every day. Successful Assistant Managers get things done! They are independent yet collaborative and lead the team while the Store Manager is away.
- We offer on-the-job training to support you in your role.
- We also foster advancement opportunities through regular reviews, coaching, and our AIM program.
Assistant Managers are an integral part of our day-to-day operations — come grow with us at Rent One!
Assistant Manager Role Requirements
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the profitable, efficient, and organized operation of the store through effective use of personnel and resources. They have their focus on sales floor activities. Our Assistant Managers are dedicated, flexible, and task-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday, receiving one day off during this period
Assistant Manager Duties
A large portion of an Assistant Manager’s time is spent managing employees and interacting with customers in the store environment. They will also travel to customers’ homes when assisting in credit control. A day in the life of an Assistant Manager varies, but regular activities include:
- Supervising and ensuring employee engagement through motivation;
- Ensuring the store merchandise and displays are rotated, clean, attractive, and organized;
- Assisting the Store Manager in accurate store cash control;
- Assisting in maintaining accurate inventory control;
- Ensuring proper scheduling of store employees to maximize performance and efficiency;
- Assigning tasks to employees and follow-up on their completion;
- Assisting with customer retention and collection efforts as needed;
- Ensuring proper management of customer accounts in regard to renewal dates;
- Training new employees as needed;
- Assisting in unloading product from commercial carriers;
- Assisting with other daily activities as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must comply with drug-free workplace program and pass post-offer mouth swab drug test;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that complies with organizational standards.
Benefits & Perks
Rent One is a diverse, family-oriented workplace where you’ll form relationships that last a lifetime. Our aim isn’t to manage you; motivating is more our style!